2008 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
YAMAHA MODEL # IS XVZ13CTXL
COLOR IS BLUE/RAVEN
- The best of two worlds: Stripped-down street cruisability and plush long-distance touring capability
in one motorcycle.
- Quick-detachable windshield and backrest let the rider optimize the bike for
cross-town cruising cool or cross-country touring comfort quickly without tools.
- Electronic cruise control with right handlebar controls for ease of use.
- Color-matched locking hard-shell sidebags with handy, one-touch openers and
spacious 9.3-gallon storage with interior storage pouch.
- 67.5-inch wheelbase provides a smooth highway ride and plenty of room for rider and
- The Royal Star Tour Deluxe S gets chrome accents to the front end.
- The Royal Star Tour Deluxe achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 42 mpg** with a
fuel tank that holds 5.3 gallons of gas.
- 79-cubic-inch (1294cc) liquid-cooled, DOHC 70-degree V-four tuned to put out
class-leading power—97hp @ 6000 rpm and maximum torque at 89 ft.-lb. @ 4750 rpm—for incomparable cruising
- Four heated Mikuni 32mm carburetors with TPS deliver seamless throttle response and
greater power across the entire rev range in nearly any climate.
- Compact-design dual intake system enhances performance without sacrificing fuel
- Large-capacity radiator ensures superior engine cooling for maximum efficiency.
- Single-axis internal counterbalancer reduces engine vibration for super-smooth
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission with 4th and 5th gear overdrive provides plenty
of highway passing power as well as low-rpm, fuel-efficient cruising.
- Low-maintenance hydraulic clutch actuation and strong, low-maintenance shaft drive
for touring convenience.
- High-integrity, single-backbone frame with solid engine mounting and 29-degree
caster angle delivers responsive steering and excellent handling.
- Air-adjustable telescopic front fork with 5.5 inches of travel smoothes out the
bumps and adapts to varying load capacities.
- Air-adjustable link-type rear suspension features a vertically mounted single shock
with revised damping for a classic hardtail look and outstanding long-distance ride quality.
- Large-diameter front and rear disc brakes with sintered pads provide strong, linear
- New rider and passenger seats provide even more room and comfort along with a low
seat height—29.1 inches.
- Full-sized, floating-type rider and passenger floorboards reduce vibration and are
positioned for optimal long-distance comfort.
- Cool retro “dash” combines classic looks with new-age function, including: digital
speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel tripmeter, clock, fuel gauge and indicator lights for cruise
control, overdrive, neutral, high beam, turn signals, water temperature and low oil-level.
- Wide hand control levers offer great feel and look cool too.
- Quick-detachable windshield and backrest let the rider optimize the bike quickly
- 5.3-gallon fuel tank provides outstanding touring range along with classic lines.
- Incomparable fit and finish includes flawless paint with extensive chrome and
brushed stainless steel accents as well as deep, valanced steel fenders.
- Large, powerful 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight in stylish chrome shell with
custom bezel maximizes nighttime visibility while cutting a stylish profile.
- Ignition switch with integrated steering lock mounted near the front of the fuel
tank for extra convenience.
- 12V 18AH maintenance-free battery for reliable starting even in cold weather.
- Type: 79-cubic-inch (1294cc) liquid-cooled 70° V-four; DOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 79 x 66mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Carburetion: (4) 32mm Mikuni CV BDSR32
- Ignition: TCI
- Transmission: 5-speed, wide-ratio w/5th-gear overdrive; hydraulic clutch
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Suspension/Front: Telescopic fork; air-assist, 5.5-in travel
- Suspension/Rear: Single shock; air-assist, 4.1-in travel, Twin Sided Swing Arm
- Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm EBC FA179 Organic
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc, 320mm EBC FA123 Organic
- Tires/Front: 150/80-16 H (36psi Bridgestone or 40psi Avon Venom)
- Front Wheel Width (in): 3.5
- Tires/Rear: 150/90-15 H (36psi Bridgestone or 42psi Avon Venom)
- Rear Wheel Width (in): 4
- Length: 98.6 in
- Width: 39.8 in
- Height: 60.0 in
- Seat Height: 29.1 in
- Wheelbase: 67.5 in
- Ground Clearance: 5.9 in
- Fuel Capacity: 5.3 gal
- Fuel Economy: 42 mpg
- Dry Weight: 787 lb
- Warranty: 5 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Handlebar diameter 1 in
- Oil Filters: PuroL ML16817, PL14610 Gold, Yamaha 5GH-13440-00, ST7317
- Spark Plug: NGK DPR8EA-9, gap .031-.035inch
- Key blank numbers: Ilco ym63, Taylor X 248, Curtis yn 63, Silca yh35r.